Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to Simtech, Sims Community Forum. Our Admin Staff are here to help you settle in and find your way. To join us fill in the quick registration form, Admin will approve your request as soon as possible. Happy Simming everyone :)
ATTENTION ALL - AdFly has been removed from the forum. All downloads are now ad free :)
Share | 

i need some help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: i need some help   26/4/2012, 12:02

dose anyone know what this is. i keep getting this when i open my launcher.

Back to top Go down
Hazentw
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   26/4/2012, 16:01

I've seen it before but I have no idea why it pops up but coincidently when it has in the past there is has been an update to Origin. Try opening Orgin Jack and I'll bet you have an update available.

Just another enoying glitch from EA me thinks and I saw it whenever I was using google chrome, hope this helps you. :)

P.S. looks like I've been logged in for 24 hrs. lol

Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   26/4/2012, 18:17

I never thought of that (origin) thing smart thinking batman more love

**Live - every moment - Laugh - every day - Love - beyond words**
Back to top Go down
http://inamac69.tumblr.com/
Hazentw
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   26/4/2012, 22:14

@InaMac69 wrote:
I never thought of that (origin) thing smart thinking batman more love

does that mean pop up gone doh

Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   26/4/2012, 22:30

he aint been on yet so I dont know if he has seen the origin thing yet

love2u love2u love2u

**Live - every moment - Laugh - every day - Love - beyond words**
Back to top Go down
http://inamac69.tumblr.com/
Hazentw
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   26/4/2012, 22:39

@InaMac69 wrote:
he aint been on yet so I dont know if he has seen the origin thing yet

love2u love2u love2u
Okie dokie :)

Back to top Go down
isla87

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   27/4/2012, 00:43

Yep. Haze is absolutely right, that's most likely an Origin or EA server error and nothing for you to worry about.

You can click 'yes' to the scripts thing since it most likely only affects the launcher home page.

And yep! There was an Origin update not too long ago, I can't remember the exact date it was released, but I only downloaded it a few days ago when I was re-installing some expansions.

Log in to Origin and check, but if for some reason it doesn't pop up with the update, just download it from here http://www.origin.com/download and it'll automatically replace your version if it needs to.

more love more love

Back to top Go down
http://scribblingsbyme.blogspot.com/
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   29/4/2012, 10:31

@Hazentw wrote:
I've seen it before but I have no idea why it pops up but coincidently when it has in the past there is has been an update to Origin. Try opening Orgin Jack and I'll bet you have an update available.

Just another enoying glitch from EA me thinks and I saw it whenever I was using google chrome, hope this helps you. :)

P.S. looks like I've been logged in for 24 hrs. lol

thanks for the info Hazentw. sorry it's taken a wile to reply to this. i've been very busy packing and painting our home ready to move to our new home. :)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   29/4/2012, 10:34

@isla87 wrote:
Yep. Haze is absolutely right, that's most likely an Origin or EA server error and nothing for you to worry about.

You can click 'yes' to the scripts thing since it most likely only affects the launcher home page.

And yep! There was an Origin update not too long ago, I can't remember the exact date it was released, but I only downloaded it a few days ago when I was re-installing some expansions.

Log in to Origin and check, but if for some reason it doesn't pop up with the update, just download it from here http://www.origin.com/download and it'll automatically replace your version if it needs to.

more love more love

thanks for the like isla. i will try it soon. i'm on Ina's p.c at the moment. as she is watching t.v. and my p.c is linked up to the main t.v :)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   29/4/2012, 17:48

i have tryed to update it and i have unistalled it and reinstalled it and done a update and still i'm getting this.

Back to top Go down
isla87

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   29/4/2012, 18:15

Did some more digging. Apparently that particular error is caused by Internet Explorer. Something in your IE settings could be blocking the launcher main page download.

OR... EA have messed up. I think I know which one of those it's more likely to be!!

Even if IE isn't your main browser, the launcher still works through that, so try clearing caches, history, cookies, temporary files - everything from IE.
Make sure your Java is up to date. That causes loads of common errors in the launcher.

But basically, it's more likely that it's EA's problem.
The launcher is actually a little mini browser that runs IE, and unless it's your IE settings this issue will be there until someone at EA notices they've messed up and fixes it.

It's not going to affect the game, it's a totally isolated issue, so don't worry about it, just click 'yes' and ignore it, and if clearing out IE doesn't fix it it's just a case of waiting for the Launcher dudes to fix it!

more love
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   29/4/2012, 22:43

thanks for having a look into it for me isla. as i use firefox i mite just leave it till the next EP comes out. :) luv u luv u
Back to top Go down
Hazentw
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   30/4/2012, 03:54

Jack that script that keeps tripping up is a similiar one to that ad.fly that you and Ina paid to be rid of and is most diffinately EA's sloppy coding.

Not sure if your using windows 7 or not but I've read that the sims will run better in XP mode, go figure, :) might be worth a try and it might even git rid of that darn error.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   30/4/2012, 22:49

thanks for the info Hazentw. but i think i will just wait untill the next EP comes out. i have had it before and the last time it fixed it's self with the new EP updates. still it don't effect my game anyway. and yes i do use windows 7.
Back to top Go down
isla87

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   1/5/2012, 12:06

It'll probably be fixed before the next patch hun Very Happy
There's another bug with the launcher going round that's all over the forums, people are getting Liam on their launcher home page haha!
So whoever is in charge of the launcher stuff is really messing up! But chances are it'll be looked at sooner rather than later and I doubt it'll need a patch to fix!

more love more love
Back to top Go down
Hazentw
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: i need some help   1/5/2012, 14:04

In a similar vein, back in 2003 I was beta testing for the years Tiger Woods Golf game. At that time they were introducing there new online feature to the game. Any who, long story short they kept messing up the script with each typical EA fix and I'd report it again and again.

It only takes one miss placed character to bugger it up, so who ever was in-putting it must of had toe-fingers, or they just don't proof read or check it for syntax errors.

Back to top Go down

i need some help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simtech :: Help Centre :: Help Centre :: Tech Help :: Sims 3-
Jump to: