Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to Simtech, Sims Community Forum. Our Admin Staff are here to help you settle in and find your way. To join us fill in the quick registration form, Admin will approve your request as soon as possible. Happy Simming everyone :)
ATTENTION ALL - AdFly has been removed from the forum. All downloads are now ad free :)
Share | 

How to clean Origin's files

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mamajanaynay
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: How to clean Origin's files   27/5/2017, 19:04

Below is a step by step guide with pictures in how to clean out Origin's folders. This may help with any issues regarding Origin loading slow or not at all.

Step 1:
In Start menu (or use the Windows key + R) type in (without quotation marks) %programdata% (either hit "enter" or click on the folder)

Step 2:
Scroll down to ORIGIN folder, click OPEN (or right click and select OPEN)

Highlight everything (hold down the ctrl key and click on everything to highlight) and DELETE. EXCEPT LocalContent Exit out.

**I have already done this step but you will have other items in this folder that can be safely deleted**

Step 3:
Go back to START type in %appdata% click on file or hit enter

Step 4: **Two part procedure**
 Step 1:Scroll down to the folder ORIGIN and Delete (Do not open and delete just delete the whole folder!)
 Step 2:Click on APP DATA up on top

Step 5:
Click on LOCAL and OPEN

Scroll to find ORIGIN folder and Delete the whole folder then exit out

Step 6:
Restart your PC

Last and final step: Log back into Origin. (I've noticed that it may take a few minutes to start after deleting those files the first time as new ones are being regenerated)

I am unsure of how to do this on a Mac as I don't use those. If there is a member who plays on a Mac and knows how to clean Origin's files, perhaps they could add to this guide in the reply. Also I am using Windows 10.

Back to top Go down
http:// http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/mamajanaynay

How to clean Origin's files
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1