Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to Simtech, Sims Community Forum. Our Admin Staff are here to help you settle in and find your way. To join us fill in the quick registration form, Admin will approve your request as soon as possible. Happy Simming everyone :)

Share | 

Skip ADS at TSR (w/o VIP monthly pay)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtsyAmy495
Admin Mag
Admin Mag

PostSubject: Skip ADS at TSR (w/o VIP monthly pay)   15/1/2017, 01:04

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share a couple of links to use to be able to download at TSR without any ads, AND without having to pay the $3.50/month (U.S.) for VIP Access to skip ads.

Please, feel free to share any additional links you may have.
bluelov

PLEASE NOTE: These are for "Google CHROME" users, so yopu may need to check your Browser for another link if using Firefox or Explorer, etc.

1. TSR Ad Skipper **For Chrome**

2. ublock origin **For Firefox**

Here is one for Ad Fly too:
3. ADF.ly Skipper

I'm judging in BARE ESSENTIALS * SIMPLISTIC MAGAZINE Officials Thread
Anyone can criticize...can YOU inspire? - unknown

Last edited by ArtsyAmy495 on 16/1/2017, 00:56; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mamajanaynay
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Skip ADS at TSR (w/o VIP monthly pay)   15/1/2017, 21:30

Firefox has a add-on that you can enable and disable, I believe that one is also called Ublock Origin...double checking.....double checking....yup that's the one! To get it all you need to do is click on the triple equal sign (far right corner of window)> Add ON > Get Add On's. They also have AdBlock for Firefox now.

I've noticed when using Ublock Origin, the download time is a little bit longer and it takes a little bit longer for each page to load, but I hate the overdose slamming of all the AD's on TSR! Plus I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to bog my computer down and makes it run slow without using any Ad blockers.

Back to top Go down
http:// http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/mamajanaynay
ArtsyAmy495
Admin Mag
Admin Mag

PostSubject: Re: Skip ADS at TSR (w/o VIP monthly pay)   16/1/2017, 00:53

@mamajanaynay wrote:
Firefox has a add-on that you can enable and disable, I believe that one is also called Ublock Origin...double checking.....double checking....yup that's the one! To get it all you need to do is click on the triple equal sign (far right corner of window)> Add ON > Get Add On's. They also have AdBlock for Firefox now.

I've noticed when using Ublock Origin, the download time is a little bit longer and it takes a little bit longer for each page to load, but I hate the overdose slamming of all the AD's on TSR! Plus I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to bog my computer down and makes it run slow without using any Ad blockers.

Oh, that makes sense....I grabbed both links from the Forums recently in the Chat Thread and 2 different simmers shared both of these. I tried the TSR Ad Blocker (for Chrome) and it works awesome!!! + There actually isn't a delay for the download part like you mentioned for Ublock with Firefox. (I do have FF too, but Chrome is what I like best & never use any of the others unless something is drastically wrong with Google...lol) I'll edit & add that the Ublock is for Firefox... ta

You know, it didn't used to bother me so much before when I had LOTS of spare time and could spend all day or weekends just cc shopping & downloading. But, you get tired real quick of waiting for downloads especially when trying to do Articles where you need several items from any one creator.... afraid 1 <---That's me afraid to lose my hands & fingers!! too funny

i just hope I won't have to end up disabling the Adfly blocker to download from some of my favorite sites outside of TSR! (Other ad blockers I did, but haven't tried this one yet) depopcorn

I'm judging in BARE ESSENTIALS * SIMPLISTIC MAGAZINE Officials Thread
Anyone can criticize...can YOU inspire? - unknown

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skip ADS at TSR (w/o VIP monthly pay)   

Back to top Go down

Skip ADS at TSR (w/o VIP monthly pay)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1