Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to Simtech, Sims Community Forum. Our Admin Staff are here to help you settle in and find your way. To join us fill in the quick registration form, Admin will approve your request as soon as possible. Happy Simming everyone :)
ATTENTION ALL - AdFly has been removed from the forum. All downloads are now ad free :)
Share | 

game crashes in create a sim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
isla87

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   5/2/2012, 21:08

Error 12 is a save file error. Try 'Save As' when you quit and make a new save file with a different name - that should sort it out.

As for the crashing it's got to be something in your CC because it's only crashing when you're putting in certain items. You might have to do the 50% method again on each of the folders individually to get rid of whatever's causing the problem. It could be something custard or the dashboard haven't picked up - custard especially isn't great for checking lots of files and it doesn't work perfectly yet. The Dashboard tool is much better, but even that could miss things from time to time - you're going to have to do it manually - it's so frustrating I know! Back track a bit with your folders and see which one starts off the crashing, then go from there :)

Error Trap isn't spitting out any script errors is it? Send them on over if it does lol :)

more love
Back to top Go down
http://scribblingsbyme.blogspot.com/
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 01:06

Last night it crashed again but no sign of error code 12 but will try again later
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 01:10

No errors since the last one I sent you but I run it until it checks and then I try CAS
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 03:10

@isla87 wrote:
Error 12 is a save file error. Try 'Save As' when you quit and make a new save file with a different name - that should sort it out.

As for the crashing it's got to be something in your CC because it's only crashing when you're putting in certain items. You might have to do the 50% method again on each of the folders individually to get rid of whatever's causing the problem. It could be something custard or the dashboard haven't picked up - custard especially isn't great for checking lots of files and it doesn't work perfectly yet. The Dashboard tool is much better, but even that could miss things from time to time - you're going to have to do it manually - it's so frustrating I know! Back track a bit with your folders and see which one starts off the crashing, then go from there :)

Error Trap isn't spitting out any script errors is it? Send them on over if it does lol :)

more love

It crashed last night when I went to change her everyday clothes
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 04:29

ok just succesfully changed a sims clothes after i cleared out some saved sims and some saved files
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 05:17

went to change violets clothes and bam it crashed yet i can style a mans clothes fine
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 05:37

pulled a folder out then cleared caches then went in game and 6 minutes in it crashed
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 06:06

pulled another folder same results
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 06:23

another one again same result
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 06:45

crys this keeps happening!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
isla87

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 10:24

It sounds like you've got a lot of cc in there! The game can only cope with a certain amount of files before it starts to lag, so if there's a lot, especially if it's in sub folders, it'll be making the game work harder - Once you're sure you've cleared out all the corrupt content (which there is in there somewhere. The crashing goes away when there's no content installed, so we've definitely got something not behaving itself!) - you might want to think about merging your package files and using the CC Magic Tool for your sims3packs. We'll sort that out when we've figured out what's crashing the game!

Check over your files again. This time test after disabling the sims3packs in the launcher - see if that stops the crashing. If it doesn't, we know it's the package files. If it does, then we know the corrupt file or files are in the sims3packs.

If it's the package files, try taking out just your mods, leave the package file cc and move your mod files out and test. If it stops crashing, it's a mod that's causing it. If it doesn't, at least we've narrowed it down to your package file custom content and you should have a pretty good idea of which folders were crashing the game.

I wish there was something more specific I could tell you! But it's still a case of finding which content is crashing it! We'll get there eventually Very Happy

more love more love

Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 10:32

@isla87 wrote:
It sounds like you've got a lot of cc in there! The game can only cope with a certain amount of files before it starts to lag, so if there's a lot, especially if it's in sub folders, it'll be making the game work harder - Once you're sure you've cleared out all the corrupt content (which there is in there somewhere. The crashing goes away when there's no content installed, so we've definitely got something not behaving itself!) - you might want to think about merging your package files and using the CC Magic Tool for your sims3packs. We'll sort that out when we've figured out what's crashing the game!

Check over your files again. This time test after disabling the sims3packs in the launcher - see if that stops the crashing. If it doesn't, we know it's the package files. If it does, then we know the corrupt file or files are in the sims3packs.

If it's the package files, try taking out just your mods, leave the package file cc and move your mod files out and test. If it stops crashing, it's a mod that's causing it. If it doesn't, at least we've narrowed it down to your package file custom content and you should have a pretty good idea of which folders were crashing the game.

I wish there was something more specific I could tell you! But it's still a case of finding which content is crashing it! We'll get there eventually Very Happy

more love more love

it worked the other day till I realized I hadn't actually installed the cc I had just put the files back in the folder for downloads I'm going to pull everything out when I get back home and install one folder at a time
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 12:55

started a new game without creating anyone and so far so good ive saved once and now in CAS editing a sim
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 12:56

spoke too soon it just crashed after 38 minutes of game play so i must be getting closer to finding the cause
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 13:42

its picked up another error will send it off when i get a chance
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 14:10

crashed again at 51 minutes in
Back to top Go down
isla87

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 19:37

Ohh nooo! This must be so frustrating for you. How is the speed when it's running? Does it lag?

I got your script error and I've sent a reply, hopefully resetting the sim and places that were coming up in the error with MasterController will do some good. I explained a bit more in the email.

I still think it's a cc issue though, I can't see any other explanation since it works fine without your cc! We'll get there eventually, it's just a matter of finding the stuff that's not behaving and getting rid of it!

How much cc do you actually have installed at the minute?

more love
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 19:46

just a quick thought has everything been fixed with the rig fix?

bluelov bluelov

**Live - every moment - Laugh - every day - Love - beyond words**
Back to top Go down
http://inamac69.tumblr.com/
isla87

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   6/2/2012, 20:13

Good idea!! Check any furniture CC with the tool here http://www.thesimsresource.com/fixyourgame/ if you haven't already!
We'll work on it until we fix it! Hopefully it won't come to deleting everything and starting from scratch :)
more love
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   7/2/2012, 00:37

I have no idea how much I have in but the more I pull out the longer it lasts and it only lags in everyday clothes and then all of a sudden it crashes. After I go shopping with mum I'll be continuing to try and fix my game. I now have no Internet on my pc as the dongle I was using has stuffed up but I'll see what I can do with fixing my cc
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   7/2/2012, 09:58

let my game run for over an hour after taking out all but one folder of cc havent tried CAS yet
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   8/2/2012, 05:02

It plays fine but I still can't change a sims clothes I'm focusing on clearing my mods now I'm going to delete some random ones and see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   8/2/2012, 06:26

Error trap just recorded 4 errors
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   8/2/2012, 14:59

Completely pulled everything and started again and it worked fine, put mods back in minus a few random things and it worked now putting cc in line by line which = 8 files at a time = very slow process but if it gets my game to work I'm happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   8/2/2012, 18:20

good luck Shanz. i hope you get this all sorted out soon. :)
Back to top Go down

game crashes in create a sim
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next