Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to Simtech, Sims Community Forum. Our Admin Staff are here to help you settle in and find your way. To join us fill in the quick registration form, Admin will approve your request as soon as possible. Happy Simming everyone :)
ATTENTION ALL - AdFly has been removed from the forum. All downloads are now ad free :)
Share | 

game crashes in create a sim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanz_is

PostSubject: game crashes in create a sim   23/1/2012, 04:34

Please help me when I go to change my sims outfit my game crashes I can change her appearance, name etc but not her clothes. All my cc is clean, my mods are up to date, the only custom sims I have in my game are from people/sources I trust. I have pulled out all my saves and all my cc but nothing seems to stop it crashing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   23/1/2012, 10:49

have you checked you cpu useage ??

i myself also had crash problems but in a different way. mine was crashing wile building a house. so what i did was.

1. save folders. Saved Sims, Mods, Export Folder with all my houses and Familys in it.

2. i then deleted the, The Sims 3 folder.

3. restarted my p.c

4. started my game as normal, then quite and save. by doing this it self builds all the folders again.

5. once you have done all the above. put your mods folder back in. and then all the sims3packs in the export folder put in the download folder.

6. open your launcher and install all your houses, familys ect. and now my game is fine. but you should only this as a last measure. although i do this quite a lot. it's also a good idea if you have a external harddrive with copys of all you downloaded cc on it.
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   23/1/2012, 13:43

Jack Wilson wrote:
have you checked you cpu useage ??

i myself also had crash problems but in a different way. mine was crashing wile building a house. so what i did was.

1. save folders. Saved Sims, Mods, Export Folder with all my houses and Familys in it.

2. i then deleted the, The Sims 3 folder.

3. restarted my p.c

4. started my game as normal, then quite and save. by doing this it self builds all the folders again.

5. once you have done all the above. put your mods folder back in. and then all the sims3packs in the export folder put in the download folder.

6. open your launcher and install all your houses, familys ect. and now my game is fine. but you should only this as a last measure. although i do this quite a lot. it's also a good idea if you have a external harddrive with copys of all you downloaded cc on it.

Basically what I have done is cleaned up my mods, cleaned up my cc, pulled everything out one at a time to try and catch what's causing it. My CPU usage is between 1 and 50% my computer can easily run the games. It's 11.41pm I've been at this all day so I'm off to bed. I'll keep trying tomorrow if I can get on the pc as I'm currently on my phone.

Thanks for the tips I will make sure to check them out better tomorrow when they aren't as small :)

Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   24/1/2012, 10:01

hey hun

I went looking for a fix for this and came across a few simmers who have had the same problem, 2 out of the 3 found the problem started after pets was installed, is this the same as you? if so this is what they done, first they uninstalled pets and generations, they then re-installed pets first then generations, something to do with a missing update.

Another simmer just completely un-installed pets and everything works
Someone else un-installed everything and re-installed one day at a time to make sure all updates where complete
And one more un-installed all games including base and re-installed doing the updates manually until all games and patches where complete, they then installed their mods one at a time to see where the problem was, they also started from scratch with their cc collection and ran everything through the tsr rig fix before installing and they only installed 10 items at a time,opened up their game and tested it for 30mins each time until they were satisfied it wasnt going to crash.

So far all of the above have worked for the individual that tried it.

bluelov bluelov

**Live - every moment - Laugh - every day - Love - beyond words**
Back to top Go down
http://inamac69.tumblr.com/
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   24/1/2012, 14:02

@InaMac69 wrote:
hey hun

I went looking for a fix for this and came across a few simmers who have had the same problem, 2 out of the 3 found the problem started after pets was installed, is this the same as you? if so this is what they done, first they uninstalled pets and generations, they then re-installed pets first then generations, something to do with a missing update.

Another simmer just completely un-installed pets and everything works
Someone else un-installed everything and re-installed one day at a time to make sure all updates where complete
And one more un-installed all games including base and re-installed doing the updates manually until all games and patches where complete, they then installed their mods one at a time to see where the problem was, they also started from scratch with their cc collection and ran everything through the tsr rig fix before installing and they only installed 10 items at a time,opened up their game and tested it for 30mins each time until they were satisfied it wasnt going to crash.

So far all of the above have worked for the individual that tried it.

bluelov bluelov

I'm putting things back in slowly and so far so good touch wood
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   24/1/2012, 14:19

hiya Shanz_is. just so you know i'm Jack from FB. i sent you my email and link to here.

i'm so happy to here thing are going ok so far. :)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   25/1/2012, 00:38

hi Shanz_is i'm so happy to hear you you game is going ok so far. :)
Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   25/1/2012, 00:40

Jack Wilson wrote:
hiya Shanz_is. just so you know i'm Jack from FB. i sent you my email and link to here.

i'm so happy to here thing are going ok so far. :)

im going to keep trying today if i get back on the computer thanks for all your help ill keep you updated on my progress
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   25/1/2012, 00:47

your most welcome. and please do keep us updated. also it will help other who read this. :)
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   25/1/2012, 00:49

thats what were here for to help others with anything they need, heres hoping its all sorted

bluelov bluelov

Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   25/1/2012, 09:13

Put another folder back in and I started to load my game so I'm re scanning it to find any corrupt cc will c how it goes from there

Darn phone posted that twice (I think)

Last edited by Shanz_is on 25/1/2012, 09:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   25/1/2012, 10:57

it did post twice but i removed the second one LOL, heres hoping it all works fingers crossed for you hun :teddlove:

Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 02:53

@InaMac69 wrote:
it did post twice but i removed the second one LOL, heres hoping it all works fingers crossed for you hun :teddlove:

thanks im going to pull everything out again today and install master suite stuff and hope for the best
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 07:40

you will have to let us know if it works when you do that

bluelov bluelov bluelov

Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 12:43

@InaMac69 wrote:
you will have to let us know if it works when you do that

bluelov bluelov bluelov

so far so good just have to put mods and downloads back in but im gettin there thanks for all your support!
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 12:46

I am excited and nervous for you LOL, no need for thanks sweetie thats what were here for

bluelov bluelov

Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 13:33

mods are back in and it crashed as i was saving and quitting im going to try the same thing again and see if its better and it lagged when i was changing hair and clothes
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 13:44

hmmm I would try one mod at a time to see what happens and make sure you check they are all updated - our tech expert isla keeps everything updated so if in doubt you can pm her to see what she suggests.

fingers crossed hun bluelov

Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 13:59

still lags a tiny bit but not as much and didnt crash this time going to start putting downloads in even though its midnight here for once im wide awake
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 14:20

I would put a little in at atime and check as I go, just to be safe

midnight there its only 2.20 pm here still a long way to go before bedtime

bluelov bluelov

Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 14:31

1 downloads folder in and crashed when quitting again. time to try again before putting anythin else in
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 14:57

its odd how it crashes on exit........... thinking thinking

Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 15:06

ok same amount of folder/s and didnt crash this time im starting to feel the need to go to bed so i will continue tomorrow/ later today if i get a chance
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 15:11

ok I will get my thinking cap on and see if I can come up with anything else, heres hoping it all works

night night sweet dreams

sleep time :teddlove:

Back to top Go down
Shanz_is

PostSubject: Re: game crashes in create a sim   26/1/2012, 15:16

night night
Back to top Go down

game crashes in create a sim
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next