Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
We are moving to SimsaholicsForever.com. Everyone is welcome at our new site being set up now. Come and visit us!
ATTENTION ALL - AdFly has been removed from the forum. (Simsaholics Forever is AD-FREE to members and guests.)
Share | 

I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   9/1/2014, 00:52

my pc is a 7 year old ph pavilion. so far up till now i have added more ram giving me 6GB a Nividia GTX 550Ti
Graphics Card a 500w Power Supply Unit a 2TB Harddrive

but i could almost cry right now. some of you will know i have been having problems with my pc. it has been running very slow even with out any cc installed and with only 6 sp's installed. and randomly crashing and thats not even being ingame.

so all day today i have been with out my pc. :(

i have found out my CPU is burned out and my Motherboard as seen it's better days.

but i have good news. as of tomorrow it will all be fixed. i had two options to do.

1, save for a new gaming pc witch would have cost about £1,000 or more

2, save to upgrade the bad parts costing £426.80

so i have gone with option 2, so i should get my p.c back sometime tomorrow.

it will have the Nividia GTX 550Ti Graphics Card, 500w Power Supply Unit and 2TB Harddrive witch i already had.

but these will be the new parts.

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4Ghz Processor Haswell Unlocked

Gigabyte Z87M-D3H MicroATX Motherboard

16GB G.Skill Sniper PC3-14900 CL9 (2 x 8GB)

Arctic-Cooling CPU Freezer 13

Arctic Cooling Turbo Module for S1 / S2

Last edited by Jack's Creations (Jacko) on 14/6/2014, 02:36; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FantasticSims
Master member
Master member

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   9/1/2014, 01:02

This is where all us geeks ooh and ahh! Lol nice Jack. Sorry to hear that you've got to shell out the cash but, like we all know its worth it. Especially understand the wanting to weep. Id probably lose my mind if all that went out at once! The sims....probably one of the most expensive hobbys.

The human desire to create has not changed...only the medium in which we use -free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fantasticSims
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   9/1/2014, 09:10

@ Fantastic. yeah it's very much worth it in the long run. i came across this guy who has his own custom build shop.while looking in a pc world store. one of the staff said i should go check it out and that he use to be one of the staff at pc world. by doing this i have save myself about £100-£200 or more. when i spoke to the tech guy at pc world he said if it was me i would just scrap the pc i had and buy a new pc. haha i said no way mate your not getting me to spend out almost £1,500 when i know i can just replace the parts that are old and burned out. cheeky.

he must have thought i had money to spend or i had now idea what i as talking about. but he was shocked when i started going in to detail of what i said needed replacing. after that i told him he has just lost me as a customer.

your said The sims....probably one of the most expensive hobbys. haha i know what you mean. i also have two other hobbys that costs loads of money to do. Fishing and Custom Car Building. put i've not done any of that in a long time. the last time i did anything with cars was about 6 years ago the last car i did looked alot like this.

Back to top Go down
FantasticSims
Master member
Master member

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   9/1/2014, 16:43

Wow! That is an amazing car! Usually you see these souped up cars and they have gawdy rims or huge spoilers, but you did a fantastic job on this. Even the colors are fantastic. It reminds me of need for speed: underground. So, yeah. Pretty sure thats about the most pricey hobby out there!!!

The human desire to create has not changed...only the medium in which we use -free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fantasticSims
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   9/1/2014, 19:39

@FantasticSims wrote:
Wow! That is an amazing car! Usually you see these souped up cars and they have gawdy rims or huge spoilers, but you did a fantastic job on this. Even the colors are fantastic. It reminds me of need for speed: underground.  So, yeah. Pretty sure thats about the most pricey hobby out there!!!

this one was not mine. just above the pick i said mine looked like it. but it is very close to wha mine did look like. also mine was not for normal roads. it was only used for track racing and drifting. a have a video clip of me driving it somewhere. when i find it i you post it so you can see the car a how mad i am. lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   9/1/2014, 19:54

i've just found my video clip of me driving my old track car like a mad man. lol

VIDEO CLIP
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   9/1/2014, 23:32

here is what my p.c's performance has looked like over the last few years.

from this

to this

and now this

Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   10/1/2014, 00:02

This is what my p.c looks like on the inside.

not much room left in there. lol

everything now in place and all drivers and antivirus installed. just need to do the 100 plus updates as they come. lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   10/1/2014, 15:27

Back to top Go down
mamajanaynay
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   10/1/2014, 18:03

I can relate to the first pic of your pre-pc performance. My old one that just crashed and burned on my daughter had those exact same scores. My newer one,which is about 2 years old now, has the 5.9 performance rate. Your gonna love how it handles the game! My graphics is a Radeon HD 777 I believe? Can't remember for sure, but it delivers awesome in game shots! I came across some pic's I took way back when with my old one and man they look horrifying! LOL!
Back to top Go down
http:// http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/mamajanaynay
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   10/1/2014, 18:21

@ mamaj. my pic's were ok before it was just the performance of my pc itself. now i have 16GB of Ram and a Gaming Mother Board witch can take upto 32GB of Ram and a now have a huge cooling system.

i will be installing my EP'S & SP'S tonight and over the weekend. :) XX
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )   11/1/2014, 12:58

It's all good so far. here's how it's looking.

After staying up till about 02:30 this morning i now have all these installed.

i first did two screenshots to set out the graphics. these were taken with only the Base Game installed

After installing all of my SP's & EP's i found there was not change in game performance at all.
so the big test will be to see how it performs with CC installed. :)
Back to top Go down

I could almost cry ( Update on my pc )( 11/01/2014 )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1