Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
We are moving to SimsaholicsForever.com. Everyone is welcome at our new site being set up now. Come and visit us!
ATTENTION ALL - AdFly has been removed from the forum. (Simsaholics Forever is AD-FREE to members and guests.)

Share | 

HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sojourn98
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   21/9/2013, 09:26

So I understand there are apparently different HQ Mods out there some with ‘lower textures’ and higher I guess? I have read some HQ mods are more powerful than others? I am just not sure my laptop can handle getting anyone at all. If anyone can tell me, I would appreciate it. Here are my specs, I hope this is all that is needed, my laptop is obviously not high end, thanks!

DELL INSPIRION 5550
PROCESSOR INTEL (R) CORE (TM) i3-2370M CPU @2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM 6.00 (Just bought two sticks of 4 so the most I can have is 8.00)
64 Bit Operating System

INTEL (R) HD GRAPHICS 3000
CHIP TYPE INTEL (R) GRAPHICS FAMILY
DAC TYPE INTERNAL
APPROX MEMORY 1696 MB

Back to top Go down
http://www.reaganleeds.wordpress.com
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   21/9/2013, 12:25

Hi sojourn98.

looking closely at the spec of your laptop. your Ram is good. but i can see a few things that would put me off useing the HQ Mod.

1ST PROCESSOR INTEL (R) CORE (TM) i3-2370M CPU @2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

this is what i have found on your processor.

2ND INTEL (R) HD GRAPHICS 3000

Intel HD3000 is not considered a gaming card definitely not for modern games.

i have just been reading a bit more about this Graphics Card. some say it'd not very good for playing minecraft and they get quite hot and burnout easy.

so for me i would not try useing the HQ Mod. as it mite overload your laptop and do more harm than good.

for me. if you can look in to buying a new Processor and Graphics Card. or what i would do myself is save till i had the money to buy a gaming laptop.

hope this has help awnser everything. but the best person to awnser everything would be isla. :)
Back to top Go down
sojourn98
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   21/9/2013, 14:11

Jack Wilson wrote:
Hi sojourn98.

looking closely at the spec of your laptop. your Ram is good. but i can see a few things that would put me off useing the HQ Mod.

1ST PROCESSOR INTEL (R) CORE (TM) i3-2370M CPU @2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

this is what i have found on your processor.

2ND INTEL (R) HD GRAPHICS 3000

Intel HD3000 is not considered a gaming card definitely not for modern games.

i have just been reading a bit more about this Graphics Card. some say it'd not very good for playing minecraft and they get quite hot and burnout easy.

so for me i would not try useing the HQ Mod. as it mite overload your laptop and do more harm than good.

for me. if you can look in to buying a new Processor and Graphics Card. or what i would do myself is save till i had the money to buy a gaming laptop.

hope this has help awnser everything. but the best person to awnser everything would be isla. :)

Thanks for your response! Yeah. I only bought that laptop earlier this year because it had the requirements.to play TS3 I didnt know anything about any hq.mod, I just want one for taking pics of my.models. can't really afford to buy a whole new laptop. If getting a new processor and graphics card will help, I.will. my laptop does get warm I use a cooling fan/ pad for it. Is isla.Ina? The next thing I want to save for is a desktop for Sims 4, thx again!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   21/9/2013, 15:48

@ sojourn98. no isla is not Ina. isla or isla87 is one of our Admin staff also our tech person. she having internet problem at the moment but she should be back soon. as for your laptop getting warm. i would recomend hoovering it out. ie make sure it's turned off. take off the battery pack. and make sure you have no disc in the drive. and the run your hoover over all the air vents and gaps ect. this will suck out any dust buildup. i do my desktop p.c's at lest once a month. this on it's own could improve your Graphics as it won't get as warm with out the dust buildup in it. :)

Last edited by Jack Wilson on 21/9/2013, 17:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sojourn98
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   21/9/2013, 16:44

@ Jack, thanks again!

Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 00:03

hey hun, I don't use HQ Mods at all, but I did find this tutorial on how to use it, maybe asking someone who uses it might help more with whether or not it will work for you

http://pixelpixies.tumblr.com/post/42590789639/pixelpixies-hq-mod-tutorial

hugs hugs 

**Live - every moment - Laugh - every day - Love - beyond words**
Back to top Go down
http://inamac69.tumblr.com/
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 00:18

Hi sojourn. sorry i did not awnser you about you getting a new processor and graphics card.

i've had a look in to upgrading laptops. if your thinking of doing it yourself. you really need to know what you are doing. it's not as easy as it would be if it was a desktop p.c. in laptops a lot of graphics cards are soldered to the Motherboard. and to be honest. i wouldn't want to try and change the processor either. you would have to take apart the hole thing just to do one job. if it was my laptop i would take it in to a good p.c shop and ask for some help with ideas on upgrading. this way you will know what you will know what you can get and what you are getting and how much it will cost.

hope this helps. :)
Back to top Go down
sojourn98
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 02:13

@ Ina and Jack, both of you are very sweet to help me and answer my questions! Oh Jack if I did get either, I would never try to do it myself, LOL. I'm going to hold off not get the HQ mod for one it will make the pictures in my story look imbalanced and two I'm.not ready to invest in all that other stuff yet. Thanks again!!!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 02:22

your most welcome. i'm sorry i couldn't help any more. about taking ingame pictures. have you tryed to change the setting in game. ie options setting. when i'm taking pictures i put everything as high as they can go. but make sure to put them back when in game play. it dose make quite a difference. :)
Back to top Go down
sojourn98
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 03:00

Thanks again Jack. You've been a great help! I've only put the settings at high that I thought related to Sims, not tree details or lots, etc.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 11:42

here are some pic's i have just taken to show the differance.

before change Screen size 1360 x 768 medium settings

with settings changed screen size 1920 x 1080 settings all set as high.

before change Screen size 1360 x 768 medium settings

with settings changed screen size 1920 x 1080 settings all set as high.

using the picture with high settings and the cropping it to 874 wide x 1040 high and using the curve tool and sharpen by 50%

Back to top Go down
sojourn98
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 18:50

The highest my screen can go to is 1366x768
Would you advise to change my resolution on my laptop as well to the highest which I think is 1366x768, if that makes sense. So using the highest resolution from the game options makes the pics better? I will use the higher settings on everything else as well then just for pictures.
Also when you say curve and sharpening tool by 50% is that in GIMP or some other editing software? Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 21:12

Hi sojourn98. changing your laptops size/resolution will not improve you pic's. as for the Curves and Sharpness yes that was for gimp. i only use gimp. :)
Back to top Go down
sojourn98
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 21:28

Thanks again Jack!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: HQ MOD HELP PLEASE!!!   23/9/2013, 21:53