Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to Simtech, Sims Community Forum. Our Admin Staff are here to help you settle in and find your way. To join us fill in the quick registration form, Admin will approve your request as soon as possible. Happy Simming everyone :)
ATTENTION ALL - AdFly has been removed from the forum. All downloads are now ad free :)
Share | 

Export Fail

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Senhime_Kumoi

PostSubject: Export Fail   29/4/2013, 18:43

Hello, I need help with an issue. i have been getting this export failed error in my CAS everytime I tried to upload a sim to the exchange.
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: Export Fail   29/4/2013, 19:05

here is something you can try

1 - go into your game and save the sim in question to your cas bin
2 - quit the game
3 - go into documents > electronic arts > sims 3
4 - drag and drop the sims 3 folder onto your desktop
5 - open up the launcher, go into game, any town will do, no need to save it, just quit
6 - You will now have new folders in your electronic arts > sims 3
7 - go back to the sims 3 folder you have on your desktop and place the saved sims folder in your NEW sims 3 folder
8 - go into game and try to export again

If this works then it is probably an item of corrupt cc that is stopping the sim from uploading

the only way to fix the corrupt cc is to delete it out of your game. I hope this helps

hugs hugs

**Live - every moment - Laugh - every day - Love - beyond words**
Back to top Go down
http://inamac69.tumblr.com/
Eden777
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: Export Fail   29/4/2013, 20:53

I figured out that by deleting the DCCache folder in the game, it solves this problem, however you then have to go to the Launcher, select all your downloads and hit reinstall after you save your sim and upload to the Exchange.

**See update below**

Last edited by Eden777 on 29/4/2013, 23:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://edens-sims.blogspot.com/
Eden777
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostSubject: Re: Export Fail   29/4/2013, 23:26

@Eden777 wrote:
I figured out that by deleting the DCCache folder in the game, it solves this problem, however you then have to go to the Launcher, select all your downloads and hit reinstall after you save your sim and upload to the Exchange.
Actually, I found a better way to do it. You can cut your DCCache folder (located here: C:\Users\Marnie\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) and paste it to your desktop. Then you should be able to sign into the game, go to CAS, export your sim to the launcher and then upload it to the Exchange. You can take the same DCCache folder that you moved to your Desktop and put it back where it was, just write over the new one the game created. I've tried this with no problems and you don't have to reinstall any files.

I suspect this error is happening because there's a corrupt Sims3pack file in the Downloads, but until you locate it, this is a work around. I started having this problem after the last patch and it reoccurs.

Back to top Go down
http://edens-sims.blogspot.com/
Senhime_Kumoi

PostSubject: Re: Export Fail   30/4/2013, 07:18

Thank you ina and Eden ^^ and I guess I do have corrupt cc or sims3pack that i must find or just start from scratch with my cc downloads. bluelov bluelov
Back to top Go down

Export Fail
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1