Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to Simtech, Sims Community Forum. Our Admin Staff are here to help you settle in and find your way. To join us fill in the quick registration form, Admin will approve your request as soon as possible. Happy Simming everyone :)

Share | 

Her Artificial Wings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nims

PostSubject: Her Artificial Wings   15/1/2013, 11:55

A story I started a while ago, hoping that posting what i've got already here might help me carry on Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://indexsims3.com
Nims

PostSubject: Re: Her Artificial Wings   15/1/2013, 11:56

Tap…Tap…Tap…

His fingers landed lightly on the ‘B’ key repeatedly, not giving it the satisfaction of pressing completely. The mans eyes stuck sleepily to the screen, a spreadsheet open and laughing at him. It was 4am. The mimicking daylight from his computer glowed off his cheekbones, grazing over the stubble sitting around his chin. “Can…can, can, can.” He muttered through a deep inward breath. But then again this was one of those little self-motivational mutters, which most people purely did to pretend they were being productive.

He had 2 hours till this report had to be submitted. It was a classic PAR document, nothing complicated but his brain wasn’t quite with it. This was a job for a lower Department, didn’t change the fact it was on his list though. Inevitably he knew however, if he didn’t do it or got something wrong then it would all twist back on him with a vengeance. Well, worse than usual anyway. Nobody liked responsibility. However it was numbers…That was fine, he could do numbers just. Had. To. Type. Type. Simple, simple. Numbers.

“Urg.” He moaned, finally removing his fingers from the keyboard and slumping back into the sympathetic chair. Rubbing a forefinger and thumb over his eyelids a gentle noise of notification spoke from his machine. With a few careful, slowly focusing blinks his gaze registered a new email. With very little precision he slid his digits over the mouse eventually guiding it to his inbox.

[center] From: Thomas Wilkinson (TUWilDep03@HPRF.com)
To: Nathaniel Hart (NRHarDep06@HPRF.com)

Subject: Update 34.1
URGENT

THIS INFORMATION IS CLASSIFIED FOR DEPARTMENT 1-9 ONLY. IF THIS EMAIL IS FOUND OUTSIDE THE APPROVED SYSTEMS EITHER PHYSICALLY OR DIGITALLY THEN IT WILL BE PERMANENTLY DESTROYED AND THE PERSON(S) INVOLVED MAY FACE IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL.

THIS EMAIL IS SET FOR A 2 DAY TIME PERIOD AFTER WHICH TIME IT WILL BE DELETED FROM ALL SYSTEMS IT IS LINKED WITH.

It’s opened its eyes.

Six times, maybe seven, he reread only the last sentence. All the other information he’d learnt to skip a long time ago. But it did finally hit him, what that meant. What those four words could lead too. Quite how important what he’d received just was. “My God.” Finally letting out his breath to accompany the words. A firm hand came to sweep the hair from his eyes, his knees finally allowing him to stand.

It had opened its eyes…it could maybe see. Perhaps that could mean it could think too. That thought alone was enough to make him turn on his sock covered feet and head for shoes.

Finally he pulled his dull, once very nice shade of olive, coat from it’s hook by the door. At least it covered the off white shirt he’d been wearing all night. “Caaard.” He moaned to himself, doing a traditional human dance on the spot to find the item that is right in front of you. Did help to be able to actually get into the laboratories with the right ID…Hooking it onto his belt he clicked open the door, making sure to turn off the lights before he left.

Opened its eyes. Opened its eyes. The idea ran around his head like the discovery of a new advertisement for something you’ve always wanted. Sitting there, teasing him, wanting to know more. Wanting to see the real thing in person. It had opened its eyes. It could see, maybe…just maybe, it could think too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nims on 4/2/2013, 21:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://indexsims3.com
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Her Artificial Wings   15/1/2013, 14:06

hi Nims. this sounds very interesting. looking forward to reading more. you must keep this going. i to have been updating a story on here. :) luv u luv u
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: Her Artificial Wings   15/1/2013, 14:22

Ok now I want to know "WHAT" has opened its eyes or is it a "WHO" has opened its eyes, you have just got to keep going with this as I am Hide <----- here waiting axiously to see what's going on

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://inamac69.tumblr.com/
deviouslyvivid
Master member
Master member

PostSubject: Re: Her Artificial Wings   15/1/2013, 22:16

Oh my goodness! What is it?! Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://simanarchy.wordpress.com
Sponsored content