Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to Simtech, Sims Community Forum. Our Admin Staff are here to help you settle in and find your way. To join us fill in the quick registration form, Admin will approve your request as soon as possible. Happy Simming everyone :)
ATTENTION ALL - AdFly has been removed from the forum. All downloads are now ad free :)
Share | 

Store Content Not Showing Up In Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jorghahaq

PostSubject: Store Content Not Showing Up In Game   24/9/2012, 05:30

This has something to do with the Supernatural patch and only seems to be an issue if you have to do a clean install, and it only affects store content and not third party cc or mods as far as I can tell.

After two days of fighting with the game I broke down and called tech support. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with them and the problem was not resolved because it's a new problem that they are just now starting to see so if anyone has this problem please call or email them and let them know. This has to go to the developmental department to be fixed.

Yes, we need a patch.

Here's the deal:
The launcher will go through all the motions of installing the game. It will appear that the content is installed in the launcher, both under downloads and installed content, the downloads folder will show the content, but the content WILL NOT be show up in game. Content also WILL NOT install from the store in game. The game will freeze up.

Until the patch is gotten, there seems to be a work around that is going to work. I am verifying it right now.

Install the game and expansion packs up through The Katy Perry Sweet Treats Crap Pack EP. DO NOT install anything after that. You want to make sure everything is installed before the Supernatural patch takes place, as it seems to be the issue. Once you have your store content loaded you can install Diesel and Supernatural. After this you can return rest of your mods, cc and save files to the game without issue.

Again, be sure to report the problem to EA where they know that this is an ongoing problem where it can get fixed.

"Where is your will to be weird?" ~ Jim Morrison, The Doors
Back to top Go down
http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Store Content Not Showing Up In Game   24/9/2012, 10:26

Thank you so much for posting this info jorghahaq. i'm sure it will be very helpful. i myself don't have any EP's or SP's after Showtime. and most likely will not till Seasons comes out. :) luv u
Back to top Go down
jorghahaq

PostSubject: Re: Store Content Not Showing Up In Game   24/9/2012, 14:37

You are welcome. If I can prevent anyone else from dealing with the same aggravation that I have been dealing with it's worth it. In all the times that I have talked to EA tech support I have never been told that something needed to be sent to the development team.

It appears that any store content that was released prior to Supernatural has to be installed before Supernatural. Such a pain.

Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy495
Admin Mag
Admin Mag

PostSubject: Game Download/Launcher HELP PLEASE? (Supernatural item)   6/10/2012, 04:50

@ Jorghahaq or any other Supernatural Users: I was wondering if you had any issues with the Supernatural items showing in-game or was it just all your store stuff?

I'm asking because for some reason now, the 1 limited edition Supernatural download item won't allow me to install it anymore??? I had both of these in-game and just decided to re-install all my store items, but now I can't get the pea-shooter one to even download anymore. When I click it in My Account purchases it doesn't do anything at all. No opening of my game launcher or anything! I was wondering if you experienced that at all?

This is the 1 limited edition content that isn't installing:

This 1 is just fine and showing in-game:

I sure hope someone knows how to fix this? Is this a game problem, or a launcher problem. or a problem with EA's site altogether....Argh---HELP! angry

Anyone can criticize...can YOU inspire? - unknown

Back to top Go down
http://artsyamy495hangout.tumblr.com/
jorghahaq

PostSubject: Re: Store Content Not Showing Up In Game   6/10/2012, 05:57

If you did a complete reinstall of everything, meaning all games and content, you need to remove everything, delete all folders where there is nothing left of the original game.
Install all your games up through the Katy Perry stuff. DO NOT install Diesel if you have it. At this point install ALL your store content, even your Supernatural items. Install Diesel and Supernatural. Everything should work. It has something to do with the SN patch. I spent 45 mins on the phone with EA over this and this is the only fix right now.

EDIT: I have had that problem with not being able to click on stuff. It's because it's in your download folder somewhere and not installed (something else caused by the patch - and I just had this happen with the new Caravan Set). It didn't install right. You need to go into your downloads and delete it and then try to redownload it.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Store Content Not Showing Up In Game   6/10/2012, 08:27

sorry ti here your having these problems with you game jorghahaq. i myself don't have anything past Showtime. so i have no idea what EA are playing at. but i'm sure they will get it sorted at some point. but knowing EA that mite take some time. :( luv u luv u
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Store Content Not Showing Up In Game   6/10/2012, 08:34

hi jorghahaq. i just come across this. don't know if it will help you in ant way. http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly :) luv u luv u
Back to top Go down
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: Store Content Not Showing Up In Game   6/10/2012, 10:27

I hope you get it sorted soon hunny more love

**Live - every moment - Laugh - every day - Love - beyond words**
Back to top Go down
http://inamac69.tumblr.com/
ArtsyAmy495
Admin Mag
Admin Mag

PostSubject: Re: Store Content Not Showing Up In Game   7/10/2012, 08:40

Thanks guys, I will try what you said Jorgha first .....if that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to do the "cracking" thing? I think that will work though...it makes sense because everything was installed and showing fine until I updated and removed some files while updating. Thank you soooooooo much for your feedback!!! kissy 2

Anyone can criticize...can YOU inspire? - unknown

Back to top Go down
http://artsyamy495hangout.tumblr.com/

Store Content Not Showing Up In Game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1