Sim Players and Creators Forum. Not Associated or Affiliated with EA

HomePortalDownloadsFAQSearchRegisterLog in
We are moving to SimsaholicsForever.com. Everyone is welcome at our new site being set up now. Come and visit us!
ATTENTION ALL - AdFly has been removed from the forum. (Simsaholics Forever is AD-FREE to members and guests.)

Share | 

Making Poses With Blender Part I - Preparation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kilhian

PostSubject: Making Poses With Blender Part I - Preparation   8/7/2012, 21:20

This guide was originally posted on my blog.

This is a step that you will only need to do the first time, but if for some reason something is not working while you are trying to make a pose for the first time,
you might want to check that you have everything set up correctly.

Menu

A - What you will need to download and install
B - Configuring Blender
C - Creating a working folder

---

A - What you will need to download and install
-  S3PE
You can find the updates on Simlogical along with tutorials.
- Blender
Version 2.62 (see older version link) or 2.63 will do.
- A's Animation Plugin for Blender and rig files
Download the three files (the little green arrow on the left of the names).
- Cmomoney's Pose Player
To be able to test and play the pose in game. I will assume you already have it and know how to use it.

B - Configuring Blender
Whenever you open Blender, the logo will appear. Just click your mouse anywhere on the logo to close it and use the logiciel.
Do not worry if your window behind isn't exactly like mine, it will be different when we will be working on poses.

Now we want to install A's plugin so that we can get to make our poses. To do so, you will have to check the menu top left and go to "File > User Preferences..."
Which you can also access by holding CTRL+ALT+U

The Blender User Preferences window will pop up. Make sure you are on the "Addon" tab then look at the bottom left to find "Install Addon..."

You will have to use the left side of the new window to browse through your computer to the location where you saved the animation plugin.
Select the zip file then click "Install Addon..." again on the top right of the screen.

You will be sent back to the previous page, with all the list of addons installed. Type "S3" in the search box on the top left, now only the animation plugin will be showing.
Check the box next to it before pressing "Save As Default" so you won't have to do it again, at least not until you decide to get a new version of Blender.

C - Creating a working folder
This will get your files more organized.
There is no 'default' way to do it, make it so that you can find whatever you look for right away.
Here is how I did it:

I installed my folder on my desktop to access it more easily. I could have put it with my other creations folder and create a shortcut to the desktop, but I decided to keep it separate.
In it I have five other folders:

- Pose Making
--> Blank Poses
--> Items
--> Pets Rigs
--> Sims Rigs
--> Poses

---- About the blank poses
As we will see in Part II, we have to clone specific clips in two different locations of EA folder (depending if we want to work on a sim or pet pose).
However Kaleeko created a file with all of the exisiting base clips in a single package. It beats having to go through it all the time. I will show you how to use it in the next part.
Kaleeko's file has been removed from Mediafire. I will contact her to ask if she plans on uploading it again, and if she does I will change the link, but for now you can find it here.

--- About the items folder
I keep in there package files of items/furniture I want to use in a pose. Mine includes various weapons, instruments and some furniture such as chair, sofa, car, ... anything
you would want to use as accessory, even if it wasn't created as such but for decoration.

---- About the rigs
Along with A's animation plugin, if you followed my instructions you downloaded two other zip files.
You could have them in a single folder, but it makes more sense to me to seperate them, it's easier to find the ones you are looking for.

--- About the poses folder
This is where I temporarily keep the poses or packs I am working on until they are done.
In sub-folders I have all the files that have been used for the creation of the pose (from the clip to the package file), and screenshots of how it looks like in game.

The second is posted here.

“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!”

Last edited by Kilhian on 9/7/2012, 20:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kilhian.blogspot.co.uk
ArtsyAmy495
Admin Mag
Admin Mag

PostSubject: Re: Making Poses With Blender Part I - Preparation   8/7/2012, 21:48

This is very helpful...thank you for sharing! And, for making a tutorial that is EASY to understand and takes you step-by-step thru the actual program itself (many aren't familiar with navigating thru Blender)-----very thoughtful !!!! Please, keep it coming more love cuddle

Anyone can criticize...can YOU inspire? - unknown

Last edited by ArtsyAmy495 on 8/7/2012, 22:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://artsyamy495hangout.tumblr.com/
InaMac69
Founder Mag
Founder Mag

PostSubject: Re: Making Poses With Blender Part I - Preparation   8/7/2012, 21:54

this is amazing I have never understood blender or anything like that so this is going to help me tons thankyou so much for doing this you are a angelangel

**Live - every moment - Laugh - every day - Love - beyond words**
Back to top Go down
http://inamac69.tumblr.com/
Kilhian

PostSubject: Re: Making Poses With Blender Part I - Preparation   8/7/2012, 22:40

@ArtsyAmy495 wrote:
This is very helpful...thank you for sharing! And, for making a tutorial that is EASY to understand and takes you step-by-step thru the actual program itself (many aren't familiar with navigating thru Blender)-----very thoughtful !!!! Please, keep it coming more love cuddle

You are quite welcome :) Most of the tutorials I have read are kinda limited on this point, A's tutorial is very basic and I guess
assumes that you already know how to use Blender in general when it comes to add a plugin.
I will keep working on the second part tomorrow :)

“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!”
Back to top Go down
Kilhian

PostSubject: Re: Making Poses With Blender Part I - Preparation   8/7/2012, 22:42

@InaMac69 wrote:
this is amazing I have never understood blender or anything like that so this is going to help me tons thankyou so much for doing this you are a angelangel

If you can't find your way around on Blender after I am done, then I will eat my hat Wink too funny
Joking, I am trying to keep it as simple and detailed as possible, but if you have a question and/or suggestion to add something
to a part of the tutorial, just say so :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Poses With Blender Part I - Preparation   

Back to top Go down

Making Poses With Blender Part I - Preparation
Page 1 of 1